Happy Monday! Today is the Random Acts of Kindness Day, are you participating?
This weekend, my family was a recipient of a random act of kindness. While sitting in a restaurant, a lady sitting at a table beside us got up and handed my husband, and the husband of another family at another table, a 20% off coupon for that restaurant. She said that she was not going to be able to use the coupons before they expired and wanted someone to be able to use the coupons. This random act of kindness was unexpected. It did not cost the lady anything but was appreciated by us and the other family. Like a ripple in the water, it is now time for me to perform a random act of kindness.
Here are a few acts of kindness that you can do today to increase the ripple.
It only takes a second to:
- Say something nice to someone
- Smile at five strangers
- Let car beside you merge into traffic
- Talk to the cashier at the grocery store
Give a little more time:
- Clean a friend’s house
- Donate clothes and toys to a charity
- Write out thank you notes
- Shovel snow for the elderly
Have some money to spend:
- Buy a cup of coffee for a stranger
- Pay for the order of the person in line behind you
- Give a gift card to a new or expecting mother
Leave a large tip for a waiter/waitress